We want to make sure women aren’t struggling to pay for and access sanitary products at St Mary’s. That's why we're levelling the playing field ourselves on campus. On 1 January 2021, the government got rid of all taxes on period products, but we're going one better at St Mary's. We're re-stocking free sanitary products in 12 of the toilets on campus as often as possible to ensure that women on campus don't have to pay. These toilets have free products in them currently:
- K Block ground floor Women's and Disabled
- Ref/Shannon corridor Women's and Disabled
- Shannon Suite – one non-gender bathroom
- Main Campus Library – ground floor non-gender + non-gender one in study hub
- Main reception – Women's and Disabled
- SSM – Women's and Disabled
Please get in contact with the SU if you are experiencing particular hardship so that we can support you in continuing your education and signpost you to other departments who can help.
How to get involved
We’re currently still planning this campaign, so if you have ideas or suggestions that you would personally find helpful or that you think other students would find beneficial, please get in touch with our Sport President Maisie and our Education President Niamh – you can find their details here.